[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #12976: Add get_post_content()/get_post_excerpt() and save_postdata()/restore_postdata() for support.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Feb 6 12:51:41 UTC 2017

#12976: Add get_post_content()/get_post_excerpt() and
save_postdata()/restore_postdata() for support.
------------------------------------------+------------------------
 Reporter:  mikeschinkel                  |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement                   |      Status:  closed
Changes (by swissspidy):

 * status:  reviewing => closed
 * resolution:   => duplicate
 * milestone:  Future Release =>

Comment:

 Since `get_the_excerpt()` now accepts a post ID/object parameter and we're
 struggling with the same problems in #36934, I'm closing this one as a
 duplicate. That ticket already has some tests and patches to reduce the
 usage of global variables and even a patch that uses the same approach as
 here.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/12976#comment:15>