[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #42857: Warning for insecure browser is throwing PHP Warning when Site Language is different than English

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Dec 10 13:33:03 UTC 2017

#42857: Warning for insecure browser is throwing PHP Warning when Site Language is
different than English
 Reporter:  dimitris.m    |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  closed
Changes (by tobifjellner):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => invalid

Comment:

 This is due to an incorrect translation in the Greek version.
 {{{
 It looks like you're using an insecure version of %s. Using an outdated
 browser makes your computer unsafe. For the best WordPress experience,
 please update your browser.
 }}}
 Has been translated into Greek as
 {{{
 Φαίνεται ότι χρησιμοποιείτε μια μη ασφαλή έκδοση του <a href='%s'>%s</a>.
 Η χρήση παρωχημένων πλοηγών καθιστά μη ασφαλή τη χρήση του υπολογιστή σας.
 Για να απολαμβάνετε καλύτερα το WordPress, παρακαλούμε αναβαθμίστε τον
 πλοηγό σας.
 }}}

 As you can see, the translation contains one more instance of {{{%s}}}
 than the source string.

 Thanks for your report. Since this is not a bug in WordPress core, I'll
 close this ticket, but I'll write a notice at
 https://make.wordpress.org/polyglots for the Greek translation editors to
 correct this.

 If you know Greek well, then you yourself may suggest a correct
 translation at
 https://translate.wordpress.org/projects/wp/dev/admin/el/default?filters%5Bstatus%5D=either&filters%5Boriginal_id%5D=20657&sort%5Bby%5D=translation_date_added&sort%5Bhow%5D=asc

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/42857#comment:1>