[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #42788: In get_search_template, replace apostrophes with backticks in inline docs so Doc parser parses as code

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Dec 3 20:53:07 UTC 2017

#42788: In get_search_template, replace apostrophes with backticks in inline docs
so Doc parser parses as code
----------------------------+----------------------
 Reporter:  webdevmattcrom  |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)    |      Status:  closed
Changes (by DrewAPicture):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => wontfix
 * milestone:  5.0 =>

Comment:

 Actually, in this particular case, we can't replace the single quotes in
 inline `@see` tags with backticks because the parser is expecting the hook
 name to be in single quote. So actually closing this one as wontfix,
 sorry.

 Background: Since hooks are a WordPress-specific feature not supported by
 phpDocumentor out of the box, our docs parser specifically looks for
 `{@see 'something'}` and knows to convert that to an inline link to the
 corresponding hook reference page.

 If there's somewhere where you aren't seeing hooks getting auto-linked on
 DevHub, that would be a separate problem that needs to be addressed.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/42788#comment:2>