[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #41681: i18n: Avoid using HTML tags in translation strings (wp-admin/includes/meta-boxes.php)

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Aug 20 23:23:32 UTC 2017

#41681: i18n: Avoid using HTML tags in translation strings (wp-admin/includes/meta-
boxes.php)
----------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  ramiy           |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)    |     Status:  new
Component:  I18N            |    Version:
 Severity:  normal          |   Keywords:
  Focuses:  administration  |
 This patch removes HTML `<b>` tags from translation strings.

 Replacing: `Uploaded on: <b>%1$s</b>`

 With: `Uploaded on: %s`

 The patch also rewrites the code abandoning the `$datef` and `$stamp`
 parameters. They are only used once. We don't need to declare them, we can
 do the same without declaring those params.