[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #41582: styling HTML5 <progress> according to admin user's chosen admin-color scheme

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Aug 9 18:56:41 UTC 2017

#41582: styling HTML5 <progress> according to admin user's chosen admin-color
scheme
----------------------------+---------------------------------
 Reporter:  pbiron          |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement     |      Status:  new

Comment (by JDTrower):

 Using the $highlight-color from the various colors.scss files, I created
 two pens on CodePen one with solid color progress bars while the other has
 stripped progress bars.  Personally, I think if we decide to add this to
 core, that we should go with the solid.  The CodePens have been tested in
 the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, IE 11, Microsoft Edge, and Opera
 on a Windows 10 computer.  I also tested on an iPhone iOS 10.3.3 in
 Safari.  Obviously other OS/Browser combinations would need to be tested
 and feedback and changes are welcome.  The solid progress bar pen shows
 squared progress bars while the stripped progress bar pen shows rounded
 progress bars.

 If using the $highlight-color works for the progress bars, and the
 decision is to go ahead and add this to core ahead of the improved WP
 importer being released and the improved WP exporter being added to core,
 I can work on a patch to add the CSS to core.  Otherwise, I can hold off.

 Solid Progress Bar Pen - https://codepen.io/DTrower/pen/wqdGXQ
 Stipped Progress Bar Pen - https://codepen.io/DTrower/pen/QMpJmK

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/41582#comment:6>