[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #41536: Text widgets don't show editor anymore, only expand to show delete/close options

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Aug 3 06:12:56 UTC 2017

#41536: Text widgets don't show editor anymore, only expand to show delete/close
options
-------------------------------+--------------------
 Reporter:  sseepuri           |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)       |      Status:  new

Comment (by sseepuri):

 @westonruter - updating wp to 4.8.1 did indeed fix the issue I was seeing
 - the text widgets work fine now. We don't have a widget that modifies the
 text widget, we use 'amr shortcode any widget' that creates a shortcode
 for the text widget, not sure if that's considered modifying.

 In any case, the issue we're having is now resolved with 4.8.1. Thank you
 for taking the time and helping with this.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/41536#comment:10>