[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #41501: Emoji: Short-circuit wp_staticize_emoji() when there are no emoji to staticise.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Aug 1 15:44:53 UTC 2017

#41501: Emoji: Short-circuit wp_staticize_emoji() when there are no emoji to
staticise.
-------------------------------------+--------------------------
 Reporter:  pento                    |       Owner:  pento
     Type:  defect (bug)             |      Status:  assigned

Comment (by westi):

 Replying to [comment:7 pento]:
 > Punting this to 4.9, as I can't find a good improvement, and 4.8.1 needs
 to go ahead.

 Seeing as we now know the new code has issues on large content should we
 not remove the existing changes to the RegEx from 4.8.1 so that we don't
 potentially cause issues on other sites with this Maintenance Release?

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/41501#comment:8>