[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #40578: Media Library: Clicking the edges of the media does not select, it only focuses the li.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Apr 27 18:27:53 UTC 2017

#40578: Media Library: Clicking the edges of the media does not select, it only
focuses the li.
----------------------------------------+--------------------------------
 Reporter:  circlecube                  |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)                |      Status:  new
Changes (by adamsilverstein):

 * keywords:   => needs-patch good-first-bug

Comment:

 @circlecube Thanks for the bug report. This does seem like an issue and I
 agree it is confusing to have the images show highlighting when they
 aren't really selected. I checked and this issue exists back to 4.0 when
 the media grid was introduced.

 Ideally, clicks in between the images wouldn't highlight anything.

 Experimenting in my local environment, the issue seems to be the image
 padding. switching that to a margin fixed the issue. A CSS solution should
 be possible here. Marking this as a good first bug.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/40578#comment:2>