[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #34322: set_transient and get_transient don't seem to be working for some users since WP 4.3

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Apr 6 16:50:51 UTC 2017

#34322: set_transient and get_transient don't seem to be working for some users
since WP 4.3
--------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  smashballoon        |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)        |      Status:  new

Comment (by smashballoon):

 Replying to [comment:7 ReneHermi]:
 > I experience the same issue in WP 4.7.3 set_transient() does not seem to
 be working reliable in any case. I was not able to track that down, yet
 but there are confirmed users where set_transient() is not adding the
 expiration date. The result is a transient which never expires. E.g.
 `set_transient('mashsb_limit_req', '1', 25);`

 > @smashballoon Have you ever figured out the reason for this?

 Unfortunately not, we're still experiencing the same issue with some
 users. To get around it we had to use the wp_cron function to delete the
 transients at specific intervals. It's not ideal, but it works well
 enough.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/34322#comment:8>