[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #37171: Implement preconnect to Google fonts in themes twenty eleven, twelve, thirteen, fourteen, fifteen, sixteen

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Sep 29 00:05:00 UTC 2016

#37171: Implement preconnect to Google fonts in themes twenty eleven, twelve,
thirteen, fourteen, fifteen, sixteen
--------------------------------------+--------------------------
 Reporter:  superpoincare             |       Owner:
     Type:  feature request           |      Status:  new

Comment (by peterwilsoncc):

 Replying to [comment:25 leobaiano]:
 > @grapplerulrich Thanks again and sorry if my lack of attention made him
 lose time. I'm sorry. :(

 Please don't apologise for contributing. My first patch had badly
 formatted comments, trailing whitespace all in under 50 characters of code
 :)

 I ought to apologise for not getting a chance to review last weekend. The
 only things I can see is the spaces mentioned above, I've switched these
 for tabs in [attachment:37171.4.diff].

 I am also considering whether this ought to go in or wait until #38121.
 Looking at the webpagetests above, I can see the browser falls back to a
 `dns-prefetch` for the font domain without the cross-origin attribute. It
 has a benefit.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/37171#comment:27>