[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #33967: MS Sites: content of the users column should be by choice, number is not too informative

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Sep 27 16:54:05 UTC 2016

#33967: MS Sites: content of the users column should be by choice, number is not
too informative
------------------------------------------------+--------------------------
 Reporter:  katazina                            |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement                         |      Status:  assigned
                                                |     Focuses:  multisite
------------------------------------------------+--------------------------
Changes (by Mista-Flo):

 * keywords:  needs-patch ui-feedback => ui-feedback dev-feedback has-patch

Comment:

 Hi,

 I have made a patch for this ticket, it does those things :
 -Display the username of the first user of the site
 -If there are other users in this site, display a link to those users and
 the number of users

 My patch is not finished yet, it needs some help :
 -First, the both links are currently displaying in inline way, I am not
 familiar with CSS classes from the admin, so it will be usefull to get a
 hand on this.
 -Secondly, about the changes I have made in the code, I got two questions.
 Does the first element of the array returned by get_users() function
 absolutly return the first user of the site that created this site ? Does
 the unset( $blog_sites ) is still usefull here ? I extract the get_users()
 function from the if statement of cache to reuse this var for displaying
 first user for information.
 -Third, the wording "+ %s more users" (where %s is the number of users) is
 still good for you ?
 -Fourth, Do we display the first user or the first 5 users of the site
 like previously suggested ?
 -Fifth, I don't really understand the meaning of "excerpt" here, can
 someone explain it ?

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/33967#comment:17>