[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #35395: Provide a better gateway for code-based theme customizations with the Customizer

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Sep 26 18:45:18 UTC 2016

#35395: Provide a better gateway for code-based theme customizations with the
Customizer
 Reporter:  celloexpressions                     |       Owner:  johnregan3
     Type:  feature request                      |      Status:  assigned

Comment (by Gary Barrett):

 Replying to [comment:37 celloexpressions]:

 > I would also anticipate there being less of a support burden throughout
 the ecosystem with something like this, as support volunteers already
 using CSS as needed would no longer need to get the user set up with a
 plugin to add it, and those that previously suggested edits in the theme
 editor where the could have taken the site down may be able to suggest
 this feature instead.

 As someone who has provided support to thousands of users over the past
 seven years, this gets a big +1 from me.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/35395#comment:47>