[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #29158: Customizer UI Design lacks contrast for visual hierarchy and does not match wp-admin

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Sep 22 17:14:04 UTC 2016

#29158: Customizer UI Design lacks contrast for visual hierarchy and does not match
wp-admin
 Reporter:  celloexpressions                     |       Owner:  helen
     Type:  enhancement                          |      Status:  reviewing
  feedback                                       |  accessibility
Changes (by celloexpressions):

 * keywords:  has-screenshots color-contrast has-patch needs-testing commit
     => color-contrast needs-patch ui-feedback

Comment:

 We need to come up with better hover/focus styles for the back arrows and
 the close button. We tried the left border, it did not work. I also tried
 adding an underline to the icon:

 [[Image(https://core.trac.wordpress.org/raw-attachment/ticket/29158/29158
 .left-border.close.png)]]

 The close button is no longer autofocused on load, so it should't be an
 issue to give it a nice clear style. However, back arrows are focused when
 opening a panel, so we need a clear focus style that is also acceptable
 whenever a panel/section is opened.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/29158#comment:78>