[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #35561: function wp_admin_canonical_url() not using configured site url when constructing canonical url link tag

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Sep 21 10:32:51 UTC 2016

#35561: function wp_admin_canonical_url() not using configured site url when
constructing canonical url link tag
-------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  ilude              |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)       |      Status:  new

Comment (by riyazmuhammad):

 I have the same issue of @ilude . My website admin part shows an error:
 [[BR]] ''Uncaught SecurityError: Failed to execute 'replaceState' on
 'History': A history state object with URL 'blog.example.com/wp-
 admin/index.php'; cannot be created in a document with origin
 'example.com'; and URL 'example.com/blog/wp-admin/index.php';''   [[BR]]
  When I dig more in to the console error, found the line causing error is:
 [[BR]] ''window.history.replaceState( null, null, document.getElementById(
 'wp-admin-canonical' ).href + window.location.hash );''  [[BR]]

 URL loses its /blog part when I try to save any settings in admin area(
 eg: settings > genaral ). [[BR]]
 Is there any solution for this?

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/35561#comment:4>