[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #38104: form html tag is not properly closed, using {$taxonomy}_term_new_form_tag causes incorrect html output

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Sep 20 13:13:40 UTC 2016

#38104: form html tag is not properly closed, using {$taxonomy}_term_new_form_tag
causes incorrect html output
 Reporter:  BjornW        |       Owner:

Comment (by BjornW):

 Hi @ericlewis,

 Thanks for clearing this up, although I find this approach a bit strange.
 At least the action name should indicate that it is intended to be for
 adding additional attributes. I'd expect the current name to be used for
 adding new form fields above the default ones. I've added a new patch
 which makes the use of the action a bit clearer.

 Replying to [comment:3 ericlewis]:
 > This action is intended to be fired within the `<form>` tag to allow
 developers to add element attributes, eg the form encoding. See #15261.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/38104#comment:4>