[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #38091: Shortcut to collapse current control/section/panel is triggered when it shouldn't be

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Sep 19 18:36:47 UTC 2016

#38091: Shortcut to collapse current control/section/panel is triggered when it
shouldn't be
--------------------------+--------------------------
 Reporter:  westonruter   |       Owner:  westonruter
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  assigned
Changes (by celloexpressions):

 * owner:  celloexpressions => westonruter
 * milestone:  4.6.2 => 4.7

Comment:

 While this is a defect, it could also be considered an enhancement in some
 aspects, and represents a fairly large change for a minor release. There
 also haven't been any reports of this in the wild, which would indicate
 that no one knows that this feature is now available. That means that
 anyone testing a minor release beta would be unlikely to test that, making
 the potential for additional or newly-introduced breakage to occur. For
 those reasons, I think we should target 4.7 for these changes.

 I actually just fixed this for the new themes section in the latest patch
 on #37661 on Saturday, and with the way that the modal there works (and
 collapsing a section will collapse the panel), [attachment:38091.0.diff]
 will cause conflicts with the patch. Ideally, if we could revisit this
 after an initial commit on #37661, that'll be the easiest way to minimize
 reworking things.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/38091#comment:5>