[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #38055: <a href> tags disappear when switching from "Text" view to "Visual" view of Page Editor

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Sep 14 14:02:09 UTC 2016

#38055: <a href> tags disappear when switching from "Text" view to "Visual" view of
Page Editor
 Reporter:  chrisrelish   |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Editor        |    Version:  4.6.1
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                |
 When editing a page, I make a clickable <div> surrounded by a <a href>
 tag. When someone else then edits the page but edits using the Visual tab,
 the links I had previously entered disappear.
 When I put the <a href> tags back in and update the page, just switching
 between the Visual and Text tabs in quick succession removes any and all

 I have tried disabling wpautop with no effect.

 Is there a solution to this, or will I have to replace all the <a href>
 tags every time someone else edits the page?