[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #38014: blank /wp-admin/index.php after upgrade from 4.5.x, missing Save Settings (button) in Settings > General

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Sep 9 23:42:45 UTC 2016

#38014: blank /wp-admin/index.php after upgrade from 4.5.x, missing Save Settings
(button) in Settings > General
 Reporter:  scaturan      |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  General       |    Version:  4.6
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                |
 Platform:

 Apache/2.4.23 (FreeBSD)
 PHP/5.6.25
 mySQL 5.5.51

 Like all my WordPress installations over the years, my codebase is
 unmodified with no plugins present or active. I don't use 3rd party
 plugins either, just whatever stock theme comes with latest.zip

 Also, I perform upgrades manually.

 --

 Shortly after upgrading from 4.5.x (fresh install, just copied over
 previous .htaccess and wp-config.php files) - /wp-admin/index.php renders

 a 200 HTTP status code is sent by Apache when I open /wp-admin/index.php

 Also, Settings > General > Save Settings (button) is not visible unless
 language-related code is removed. The same button is visible in all other
 areas like Writing, Discussion, etc..

 On a fresh install of 4.5, I don't see this particular issue, so clearly,
 there's a code change somewhere.

 Please advise, thank you.

 Steve