[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #37890: `WP_Customize_Manager::prepare_setting_validity_for_js()` assumes `$error_data` is array

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Sep 1 06:37:41 UTC 2016

#37890: `WP_Customize_Manager::prepare_setting_validity_for_js()` assumes
`$error_data` is array
--------------------------+--------------------------
 Reporter:  dlh           |       Owner:  westonruter
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  accepted
Changes (by westonruter):

 * owner:   => westonruter
 * status:  new => accepted

Comment:

 @dlh I've been thinking about this more, and I think perhaps the (my)
 initial decision to add `from_sever` to the data sent from the server was
 faulty to begin with. It really shouldn't be mutating the data that was
 added to the `WP_Error`. What if instead we just add the `from_server`
 flag when we process the validities on the client when they are sent from
 the server? We could introduce a new `fromServer` property on
 `wp.customize.Notification` to represent this concretely.

 What do you think of [attachment:37890.2.diff]?

 (This also fixes a bug I noticed with regard to the `setting` property
 being completely ignored when the setting notification is synced to the
 control notifications.)

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/37890#comment:2>