[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #37032: Guard against infinite reload when setting change causes premature selective refresh

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Oct 30 23:51:20 UTC 2016

#37032: Guard against infinite reload when setting change causes premature
selective refresh
--------------------------+--------------------------
 Reporter:  westonruter   |       Owner:  westonruter
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  accepted

Comment (by ahortin):

 I raised this as an issue over on the Alpha/Beta forum yesterday
 (https://wordpress.org/support/topic/live-preview-constantly-refreshing-
 in-customizer/).

 I experienced this issue whilst Live Previewing Twenty Seventeen, and when
 changing to a different menu.

 In responding to my ticket, @clorith wanted to know the content of the
 menu that I changed to. It was actually a blank menu (as can be seen in
 this pic).

 https://cl.ly/1N1p0E1J3G3X

 On a side note, I've since tried performing the same action (changing to
 this menu again), and I didn't get the constant refreshing.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/37032#comment:8>