[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #38291: gethostbyname() at wp-includes/http.php don´t work if host is ipv6 configured

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Oct 18 23:31:33 UTC 2016

#38291: gethostbyname() at wp-includes/http.php don´t work if host is ipv6
configured
 Reporter:  lofesa        |       Owner:
Changes (by dd32):

 * keywords:   => close

Comment:

 > `search domain`

 Assuming `domain` is your actual domain, and you have a wildcard DNS in
 place on that domain, I think that's the source of your issue.

 I kind-of duplicated it with that configuration (for reference, I use
 `search .` normally) with `ping6 api.wordpress.org` which should show an
 `unknown host` error but will probably reference your local IPv6 address
 instead.

 With the info you've given there, it's most definitely some kind of
 failure in the local DNS configuration, if enabling ipv6 causes dns
 queries to fail, there's not much we can do about it in WordPress.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/38291#comment:9>