[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #38315: Implement a new Highlight button in tiny MCE using the semantic <mark> html tag

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Oct 16 19:36:30 UTC 2016

#38315: Implement a new Highlight button in tiny MCE using the semantic <mark> html
tag
-----------------------------------+--------------------------------
 Reporter:  hugobaeta              |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement            |      Status:  new

Comment (by melchoyce):

 Replying to [comment:7 hugobaeta]:
 > Replying to [comment:5 melchoyce]:
 > > From an English-speaking perspective, I find the Option 3 most clear —
 but this opinion is very much influenced by my understanding of "H" as a
 stand-in for "Highlight."

 > I thought about that, but `B` and `I` also suffer from the same issue
 (english language based). But these things are so ubiquitous that the
 meaning is implied there (but maybe not on highlight).

 True. Would like to hear some non-English perspectives here.

 > > I also like Option 1, but it feels a little abstract — I think it
 could work, especially since there is a tooltip, but it kind of reminds me
 of "signature?"

 > So I asked my significant other, who's a lawyer, and he said Option 1 is
 the clearest for him of what "highlight" is. Don't know if this counts as
 user testing :D

 Totally XD

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/38315#comment:8>