[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #27403: Improve UI for linking areas of Customizer preview to corresponding controls (desktop and mobile)

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Oct 13 00:36:32 UTC 2016

#27403: Improve UI for linking areas of Customizer preview to corresponding
controls (desktop and mobile)
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  westonruter  |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  new

Comment (by paaljoachim):

 I think placing icons directly on the layout is a tricky thing to have as
 there are so many uncertainties as to how it ends up affecting the overall
 design.

 We should consider various alternatives and look at advantages and
 disadvantages of each and have a broader discussion on various ways to
 edit elements through the customizer.

 Btw clicking the customizer link in the top admin or in the backend opens
 up the environment for live editing and previewing. Where the user can see
 the live site and make changes seen in realtime. One expects to see the
 site as it is and then make the adjustments needed.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/27403#comment:58>