[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #27403: Improve UI for linking areas of Customizer preview to corresponding controls (desktop and mobile)

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Oct 12 22:02:39 UTC 2016

#27403: Improve UI for linking areas of Customizer preview to corresponding
controls (desktop and mobile)
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  westonruter  |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  new

Comment (by paaljoachim):

 Regarding blue icons in the preview pane.

 1. It creates visual clutter. Previewing the page in the customizer should
 show it as it is.
 2. Removing the blue icons requires the user to minimize the left
 customizer pane. (Which I find too vague.)

 Having an edit button.

 1. As more and more elements can be edited having a clear differentiation
 between preview and edit is more and more needed. Having an UI element to
 change between preview-edit will very much help.

 2. I find it much more forward thinking. As the preview/edit button could
 also down the road be used on the frontend of the site doing something
 similar as could be done in the backend customizer.

 Please also post images/animated gifs so that people like myself can
 easily view what is going on directly in the trac ticket.
 Thanks.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/27403#comment:48>