[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #37661: A New Experience for Discovering, Installing, and Previewing Themes in the Customizer

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Oct 9 15:31:59 UTC 2016

#37661: A New Experience for Discovering, Installing, and Previewing Themes in the
Customizer
 Reporter:  celloexpressions         |       Owner:  celloexpressions
     Type:  feature request          |      Status:  assigned
  screenshots needs-testing has-     |  javascript
  user-testing ux-feedback           |

Comment (by karmatosed):

 I did some testing on the latest patch and found a few things that feel
 hitches flow wise and potentially bugs.

 I still find the clicking and search icon to be a weird behaviour. I also
 feel it is either having a bug or issue with the flow. See this
 screencast:

 [[Image(https://cldup.com/P676JRR533.gif)]]

 @celloexpressions the above I feel needs some work before we merge as it
 feels like a bug. Perhaps there is one, I was unsure as it felt weird to
 experience in the searching.

 I do really find the checkmarks weird used in so many different contexts.
 They seem to be used (I've brought this up a few times):
 - To show current item
 - To show success
 - To show a completed search
 All of this makes for a weird experience. I'd almost suggest removing some
 and limiting it to one context.

 @celloexpressions I still have a bug which you can see here where the
 endless install loop happens. Here is a gif showing both experiences and
 the endless loop install at end. I can only get out by clicking outside or
 refresh. This is on Sierra and Chrome.

 [[Image(https://cldup.com/igRPQWt5SN.gif)]]

 I worry a lot about times it takes for things to happen on install /
 preview and the experience. This may be something we can't fix in this
 iteration, but it's a real issue as shown in above gif.

 I do strongly feel we need to remove a button, this is a confusing UI with
 both. Beyond the double spinners, the install/install/preview text soup is
 hard to navigate.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/37661#comment:77>