[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #31652: Drag/Drop Ordering of Media Does Not Work in Chrome on touch enabled devices

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Oct 5 14:44:33 UTC 2016

#31652: Drag/Drop Ordering of Media Does Not Work in Chrome on touch enabled
devices
 Reporter:  dan.rossiter             |       Owner:  adamsilverstein
     Type:  defect (bug)             |      Status:  assigned
  fixed-major                        |  administration
Changes (by adamsilverstein):

 * keywords:  needs-patch => has-patch needs-testing fixed-major
 * milestone:  Future Release => 4.7

 gallery editor for touch enabled devices (i've patched both built and
 source files to make testing/committing easier)

 I was able to reproduce this bug locally using the chrome debugger device
 mode to emulate a touch device.

 I tracked this bug back to this commit:
 https://core.trac.wordpress.org/changeset/29446 which was part of an
 extensive effort to make the mida modal more usable on small screen
 devices in https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/27423. In this commit an
 explicit check for `wp.media.isTouchDevice` was added that bypasses
 sortability for touch devices. I believe this was added because sortable
 interfered with selection which no longer seems to be the case in my
 testing.

 @celloexpressions @cgrymala @webbistro @dan.rossiter can you please test
 my patch with your touch enabled devices to see if this resolves the issue
 you reported and also check to see if you notice any inadvertent side
 effects from the change.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/31652#comment:12>