[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #37661: A New Experience for Discovering, Installing, and Previewing Themes in the Customizer

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Oct 4 17:18:58 UTC 2016

#37661: A New Experience for Discovering, Installing, and Previewing Themes in the
Customizer
 Reporter:  celloexpressions         |       Owner:  celloexpressions
     Type:  feature request          |      Status:  assigned
  screenshots needs-testing has-     |  javascript
  user-testing ux-feedback           |

Comment (by folletto):

 I've added a potential alternative version, attached just above. This one
 should address all the concerns, both visual and accessibility wise, and
 it's compatible too with the keyboard/mouse navigation changes from
 #29158.

 The only issue with that is that by the nature of the tool, we use the
 checkboxes in a slightly non-standard way: they would get unselected when
 they can't "play" together well (i.e. switching top-level ones) while they
 stay active when they do (inside Feature Filter).

 I think this is a slight change of the control (that's already happening
 behind the scenes, in practice) but it's an excellent compromise given how
 many other issues it solves.

 Sorry for having proposed this this late.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/37661#comment:71>