[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #33967: MS Sites: content of the users column should be by choice, number is not too informative

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Oct 4 08:25:53 UTC 2016

#33967: MS Sites: content of the users column should be by choice, number is not
too informative
 Reporter:  katazina                             |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement                          |      Status:  assigned

Comment (by PieWP):

 {{{
 The call of get_users can't be cached or put in a transient ? It's nice to
 have selected only required fields.
 }}}

 Well you can but that would probably be overkill. After all you always
 want to show the last registered users; using fresh/live data.

 {{{
 I see in your patch that you don't handle case of list mode, the else
 statement only return the number count, we have at least to display the
 first user of the site.
 }}}

 Is that logic behaviour when you only want to display a count? (so
 specifically in count modus)

 {{{
 By the way, I prefere to remove complexity by stop execution of the
 function if there are no users in the site. Instead of a else if and else
 statement.
 }}}

 Depending on the code structure I totally agree with you. In this case I
 though I have no preferred way; either way is fine.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/33967#comment:22>