[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #11235: Pages whose ancestors are not all "published" cannot be used as parents for other pages.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Oct 3 12:39:37 UTC 2016

#11235: Pages whose ancestors are not all "published" cannot be used as parents for
other pages.
 Reporter:  caesarsgrunt                         |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)                         |      Status:  new

Comment (by adamsilverstein):

 Thinking about this a little more after posting I realized the patch might
 affect attached media - we should test that to make sure that is not the
 case.

 Also I wonder about changing the approach here and tackling '''only the
 narrower issue''' of the dropdown parent selector not showing the pages
 with missing parents.  Fixing that dropdown would solve the primary issue
 raised on the ticket without as large a potential for side effects.

 What do you think about updating the query for the dropdown to include
 these pages as selectable options?

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/11235#comment:12>