[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #38977: REST API: `password` is incorrectly included in arguments to get a media item

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Nov 30 01:54:05 UTC 2016

#38977: REST API: `password` is incorrectly included in arguments to get a media
item
--------------------------------------+--------------------
 Reporter:  jnylen0                   |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)              |      Status:  new

Comment (by jnylen0):

 I think this change is still correct.

 Here's such a post:  https://nylen.io/wp-dev/2016/11/30/this-includes-
 attachment-tim-berners-lee-favorite-websites/

 and here's the attachment page (does not require or accept a password):
 https://nylen.io/wp-dev/2016/11/30/this-includes-attachment-tim-berners-
 lee-favorite-websites/tim-berners-lee-favorite-websites/

 I'm wondering whether it is worth calling all of `get_item_schema` again,
 maybe we should special-case `'attachment' === $this->post_type` there
 instead.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/38977#comment:4>