[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #38935: Proposition to add the theme mod name as a param to the dynamic theme_mod_{$name} filters

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Nov 24 15:07:21 UTC 2016

#38935: Proposition to add the theme mod name as a param to the dynamic
theme_mod_{$name} filters
 Reporter:  nikeo        |      Owner:
     Type:  enhancement  |     Status:  new
Component:  Themes       |    Version:  trunk
 Severity:  normal       |   Keywords:
  Focuses:               |
 Hi !
 It would be convenient to be able to target a specific theme mod name when
 applying the same callback to all theme mods with `add_filter(
 "theme_mod_{$name}", '_my_generic_callback' )`.

 Right now we need to extract the theme mod with a code looking like this :

 {{{#!php
 <?php
 function _my_generic_callback( $theme_mod_value ) {
   //extract theme mod name
   $_filter = current_filter();
   $_ptrn = 'theme_mod_';
   if ( $_ptrn !== substr( $_filter, 0, strlen($_ptrn) ) )
     return $theme_mod_value;

   $_mod_name = str_replace($_ptrn, '',  $_filter);
   //do things now
   // ...
 }