[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #38707: Customizer: Additional CSS highlight, revisions, selection, per-page, pop-out

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Nov 8 06:04:05 UTC 2016

#38707: Customizer: Additional CSS highlight, revisions, selection, per-page, pop-
out
 Reporter:  folletto     |      Owner:
     Type:  enhancement  |     Status:  new
Component:  Customize    |    Version:
 Severity:  normal       |   Keywords:
  Focuses:               |
 [[Image(https://core.trac.wordpress.org/raw-attachment/ticket/35395
 /customizer-css-i2.png)]]

 This ticket is to track the next steps of Additonal CSS after 4.7. See
 #35395 for the discussion so far.

 The MVP of the Additional CSS editor in customizer included the basic UI,
 navigation and backend work.

 There are various next steps that area already included in the design
 above, and can be done either in a single next release or staggered
 further as needed. From the latest discussed design, the features we
 already have ready to build are:

 1. Syntax Highlighting
 2. Revisions
 3. Selection of items on the page (CSS selector)
 4. Per-Page CSS as a complement of the current ''site-wide'' CSS for
 better management
 5. The ability to pop-out the editor in a separate window for a more
 comfortable editing experience

 Just one special note regarding revisions: we might want to not do CSS
 revisions, and instead build the more flexible and general revision UI for
 the customizer as a whole. That's being discussed in #31089.