[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #38691: REST API: Hide schema/args for site-customized endpoints unless authenticated

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Nov 7 14:33:13 UTC 2016

#38691: REST API: Hide schema/args for site-customized endpoints unless
authenticated
 Reporter:  jnylen0       |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  REST API      |    Version:  trunk
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                |
 Migrated from https://github.com/WP-API/WP-API/issues/2895 - we should
 consider hiding the list of site-registered custom settings from the
 schema and endpoint arguments unless the requesting user has the
 permissions necessary to actually use these arguments.

 It seems unwise to publicly expose the list of non-core settings that a
 site has added to the API for customization purposes; all this does is
 expose information about custom code that the site is running.

 I'm not sure whether this is truly a 'bug' but we should discuss it before
 4.7.

 Should we also do something similar for meta?  Anywhere else?