[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #38650: Provide some guidance on what conditionals can/should be used in default-filters.php

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Nov 3 22:37:54 UTC 2016

#38650: Provide some guidance on what conditionals can/should be used in default-
filters.php
----------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  helen           |      Owner:
     Type:  enhancement     |     Status:  new
Component:  Bootstrap/Load  |    Version:
 Severity:  minor           |   Keywords:
  Focuses:  docs            |
 There are a lot of things you can't use in `default-filters.php`, such as
 `get_option()` or `is_customize_preview()`. Those deeply familiar with how
 load works might have some idea as to what's safe and what isn't, but it's
 generally confusing and a little opaque. I'd suggest some kind of inline
 comment at the top explaining the point of the file and what's generally
 safe (i.e. stuff in `load.php` as I understand?).