[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #33134: Complex Nested Shortcodes Inside of Attributes Are Not Processed Left-to-Right

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Nov 2 23:04:19 UTC 2016

#33134: Complex Nested Shortcodes Inside of Attributes Are Not Processed Left-to-
Right
 Reporter:  miqrogroove   |       Owner:

Comment (by senica@…):

 There was a request for followups on this, so I just wanted to add my
 issue.

 Several tickets that have been marked as duplicates express my frustration
 with the shortcode behavior as currently is.

 A shortcode's inner content should not be parsed for shortcodes by an
 outer shortcode. Currently, shortcodes in html tag's are parsed by the
 outer shortcode, which gives really conflicting results.

 See here for example:
 http://stackoverflow.com/questions/40390223/wordpress-outer-shortcode-
 parsing-html-tag-of-inner-shortcodes-content#
 Halfway there is some reproducible code.

 This can't be the expected result, can it?

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/33134#comment:7>