[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #27403: Improve UI for linking areas of Customizer preview to corresponding controls (desktop and mobile)

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Nov 2 19:20:54 UTC 2016

#27403: Improve UI for linking areas of Customizer preview to corresponding
controls (desktop and mobile)
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  westonruter  |       Owner:  sirbrillig
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  reopened

Comment (by sirbrillig):

 > The discoverability of these is exceptionally low

 I very much agree, but there seems to be no agreement about how to make
 them discoverable. We've tried having them always visible which may be the
 most discoverable (and this has been user tested on WP.com) but it does
 obscure the preview and there must be some obvious way to toggle them. The
 show-then-hide and background-click-toggle is the only compromise anyone
 has come up with so far. Other suggestions are extremely welcome
 @johnbillion!

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/27403#comment:100>