[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #37693: TinyMCE: backtics not handled correctly in paragraphs that already contain backticks

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Nov 2 06:23:00 UTC 2016

#37693: TinyMCE: backtics not handled correctly in paragraphs that already contain
backticks
--------------------------+-------------------------
 Reporter:  borekb        |       Owner:  iseulde
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  reopened
Changes (by azaozz):

 * status:  closed => reopened
 * resolution:  fixed =>

Comment:

 Yeah, that broke multi-character patterns when they use the same
 characters as single-character pattern, like `**` and `*`. I know we don't
 use any of there at the moment, but may in the future, or a plugin can add
 them.

 In 37693.6.patch attempting to fix this. Expects that the patterns are
 sorted by priority: longer patterns first. This also changes the behaviour
 to support the pattern characters to appear in the string. Example:
 - `__` and `_` are registered;
 - Typing `__ $var_name __` should properly replace the starting and ending
 `__` and leave the `_` in the middle.

 This still needs testing and is a change in behaviour. Few tests may need
 updating too (fail at the moment).

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/37693#comment:12>