[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #36697: Combining the HTTP requests for obtaining the available nav menu items into a single request

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Nov 1 08:36:50 UTC 2016

#36697: Combining the HTTP requests for obtaining the available nav menu items into
a single request
 Reporter:  nguyencongtuan                       |       Owner:  curdin
     Type:  defect (bug)                         |      Status:  assigned

Comment (by curdin):

 @westonruter Can I have your opinion please? I've been working on this for
 a bit today and wanted to check if backwards compatibility in this case is
 strictly necessary. The reason is that the code could be simplified if we
 dropped compatibility. Eg see patch with backwards compatibility
 https://github.com/curdin/wordpress-develop/pull/1 vs patch without, where
 the ajax handler always expects an array of itemTypes
 https://github.com/curdin/wordpress-develop/pull/2

 I'm not clear how widespread use for this function is outside core so
 looking for your expert opinion.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/36697#comment:25>