[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #36982: Add image attributes and additional context to the wp_calculate_image_srcset and wp_calculate_image_sizes filters

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue May 31 17:39:57 UTC 2016

#36982: Add image attributes and additional context to the
wp_calculate_image_srcset and wp_calculate_image_sizes filters
 Reporter:  kylereicks   |      Owner:
     Type:  enhancement  |     Status:  new
Component:  Media        |    Version:  trunk
 Severity:  normal       |   Keywords:
  Focuses:  template     |
 Because the srcset and sizes attributes try to give the browser guidance
 on how CSS is going to handle images, we should be able to take into
 account image class attributes (and other attributes that could be used as
 CSS selectors) when using the {{{wp_calculate_image_srcset}}} and
 {{{wp_calculate_image_sizes}}} filters to set the appropriate srcset and
 sizes.

 It would also be helpful to be able to supply a context to functions like
 {{{wp_image_add_srcset_and_sizes}}} and
 {{{wp_make_content_images_responsive}}} so we can calculate different
 srcset and sizes attributes if a medium sized image is in the main content
 section vs. in an aside or other section.