[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #16841: Manually created user roles not showing in author dropdown regardless of assigned capabilities

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue May 31 12:50:54 UTC 2016

#16841: Manually created user roles not showing in author dropdown regardless of
assigned capabilities
------------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  10sexyapples                  |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)                  |      Status:  new

Comment (by juiceboxint):

 Replying to [comment:33 xfechx]:
 > I am looking to edit the author of the post, but I can't see any authors
 (added via members plugin) in the author dropdown.

 > Has there been any progress on this bug?
 >
 > Kind regards,

 The solution is to add a custom capability called 'level_1' to your custom
 role. Then users with that role will show up as authors. It won't show up
 in the capability list once it's been added, but it's there behind the
 scenes.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/16841#comment:34>