[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #36462: Updating or publishing a (custom) post that hasn't loaded completely closes comments

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun May 22 17:01:34 UTC 2016

#36462: Updating or publishing a (custom) post that hasn't loaded completely closes
comments
-------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  SeBsZ              |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)       |      Status:  new

Comment (by SeBsZ):

 First of all, thank you for your reply.

 So, what I do when using checkboxes is I always include a hidden field
 with a value of 0 or false, I forget which. When a checkbox hasn't been
 checked it won't show up in the POST data, but the hidden field with the
 same name will.

 Then in the backend, only change the comment_status when it is in the POST
 data. If it is not in the POST data don't do anything with it, it means
 that part hasn't loaded into the UI yet.

 I'm not sure why you are suggesting using JS, I don't believe there is a
 need for that.

 Would you like me to write a patch for this based on this logic? It'll be
 my first patch for Wordpress so bear with me.

 Thanks again.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/36462#comment:4>