[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #36833: The username input in registration form (multisite) should have autocapitalize set to "none"

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri May 13 17:16:06 UTC 2016

#36833: The username input in registration form (multisite) should have
autocapitalize set to "none"
------------------------------------+--------------------------------------
 Reporter:  christinecooper         |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)            |      Status:  new
Changes (by iamfriendly):

 * focuses:  template, multisite => ui, template, multisite
 * component:  General => Login and Registration

Comment:

 I'm going to preface this with: I'd support this inclusion.

 I need to bring up the browser/platform support. `autocapitalize` was
 created by apple - for iOS5. It is not part of the official HTML spec.
 This means it will fail any validation. It's supported in Safari (since
 ios5) and on google Chrome (since v 43) on both Android and iOS.

 The 'official' way to do this would be with `inputmode` but sadly, that
 received very little interest from browser vendors. It's only on Firefox
 OS (prefixed)

 Here's the official proposal for `autocapitalize` :
 https://github.com/mounirlamouri/html-
 autocapitalize/blob/master/proposal.md

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/36833#comment:1>