[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #35855: Let selective refresh component be required but be opt-in for sidebars/widgets (for now)

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Mar 21 07:52:00 UTC 2016

#35855: Let selective refresh component be required but be opt-in for
sidebars/widgets (for now)
-------------------------------------+--------------------------
 Reporter:  DrewAPicture             |       Owner:  westonruter
     Type:  task (blessed)           |      Status:  accepted

Comment (by westonruter):

 In testing some more, I was surprised to learn that Twenty Fourteen also
 has a sidebar that renders widgets with Masonry. What's more is that both
 Twenty Eleven and Twenty Fourteen also include widgets which needed
 support. The Twenty Eleven ephemera widget just needed the
 `customize_selective_refresh` flag added to the `$widget_options`. The
 Twenty Fourteen ephemera widget, however, also needed support for re-
 initializing ME.js for the refreshed partials since they can contain video
 and audio elements.

 Also I realized I was reflowing Masonry incorrectly, and I found how to
 ensure that a refreshed widget retains the initial position as the
 previous container it replaces.

 See changes in [attachment:35855.5.diff] ([https://github.com/xwp
 /wordpress-develop/compare/2916ef2...36d0bd9 diff]), and
 [https://github.com/xwp/wordpress-develop/pull/144/files?w=1 PR].

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/35855#comment:52>