[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #36280: HTTP API (Streams backend) secured proxy tunnels and chunked and zlib on the fly streaming

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Mar 21 01:08:04 UTC 2016

#36280: HTTP API (Streams backend) secured proxy tunnels and chunked and zlib on
the fly streaming
 Reporter:  bobbywalters  |       Owner:

Comment (by dd32):

 Two initial things that stand out:

 > Using the PHP builtin stream filter 'dechunk'
 That's available in PHP 5.3 and later, as we're still supporting PHP 5.2
 that should have a feature check first.

 > Any content encoding handled by zlib is now done with the stream filter
 'zlib.inflate' to handle on the fly decompression.
 Not always available, and once again needs to have a capability check on
 it.

 Theoretically servers shouldn't respond with Chunked encoding if we don't
 ask for it, nor should they supply compressed content we haven't specified
 we can understand, so both of these shouldn't be an issue.

 Note that #33055 is a proposal (which I believe most of us are behind) to
 deprecate and remove WP_HTTP in preference for a  more fleshed out
 library.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/36280#comment:1>