[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #35751: Avoid using HTML tags in translation strings (wp-admin/includes/meta-boxes.php)

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Mar 8 15:44:00 UTC 2016

#35751: Avoid using HTML tags in translation strings (wp-admin/includes/meta-
boxes.php)
 Reporter:  ramiy         |       Owner:  SergeyBiryukov
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  reviewing
Changes (by ocean90):

 * priority:  normal => low

Comment:

 I really don't think that any of them are worth to change. But if we
 really want to change something then I'd only split the codex links in the
 following three strings:

 > Excerpts are optional hand-crafted summaries of your content that can be
 used in your theme. <a href="https://codex.wordpress.org/Excerpt"
 target="_blank">Learn more about manual excerpts.</a>
 > > Excerpts are optional hand-crafted summaries of your content that can
 be used in your theme. <a href="%s" target="_blank">Learn more about
 manual excerpts.</a>'

 ----

 > Trackbacks are a way to notify legacy blog systems that you’ve
 linked to them. If you link other WordPress sites, they’ll be
 notified automatically using <a
 href="https://codex.wordpress.org/Introduction_to_Blogging#Managing_Comments"
 target="_blank">pingbacks</a>, no other action necessary.
 > > Trackbacks are a way to notify legacy blog systems that you’ve
 linked to them. If you link other WordPress sites, they’ll be
 notified automatically using <a href="%s" target="_blank">pingbacks</a>,
 no other action necessary.

 ----

 > Custom fields can be used to add extra metadata to a post that you can
 target="_blank">use in your theme</a>.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/35751#comment:6>