[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #28634: Upload images. does not clear Thumbnails metadata (+30kb from camera for each thumbnails)

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Mar 6 17:28:54 UTC 2016

#28634: Upload images. does not clear Thumbnails metadata (+30kb from camera for
each thumbnails)
--------------------------+------------------------
 Reporter:  alexufo       |       Owner:  joemcgill
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  accepted

Comment (by joemcgill):

 Replying to [comment:47 markoheijnen]:

 I wouldn't expect someone who wants to keep specific profile data (e.g.,
 Exif) but wants to dump all of the extra vendor profiles to have to build
 their own editor in order to do so. Additionally, we could probably pass
 the current `$image` to the filter so someone could conditionally keep
 extra metadata depending on size, which would take care of your second
 concern.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/28634#comment:48>