[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #36096: Custom Logo: Use of custom image size requires unexpected filtering of image_size_names_choose

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Mar 4 23:17:31 UTC 2016

#36096: Custom Logo: Use of custom image size requires unexpected filtering of
image_size_names_choose
--------------------------+-------------------
 Reporter:  westonruter   |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Customize     |    Version:  trunk
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                |
--------------------------+-------------------
 In testing the Custom Logo in Twenty Sixteen, I found a strange bug where
 the the logo would appear momentarily in a large size and then get resized
 down properly. The properly-sized logo would appear once the selective
 refresh request returned. The momentarily-oversized image was the one
 updated via the `postMessage` preview logic. See screencast:
 https://youtu.be/JkQGhB_LzGo

 I found that the media `get-attachment` Ajax request was not returning the
 `twentysixteen-logo` among the available sizes. I was surprised to find
 that in order to get a custom image size to be returned from the media
 `get-attachment` Ajax queries, the image size had to be explicitly added
 to the `image_size_names_choose` filter. This filter is probably
 specifically for the UI to ensure that there are names for the sizes to
 show, but this makes it a headache for themers to add support for Custom
 Logos.

 Here is what a theme currently has to do to add support using a custom
 image size as a custom logo:
 https://github.com/WordPress/twentysixteen/pull/434