[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #37244: WordPress has a fallback if the cropped version of an image is smaller than the size the contributor sets it to be

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Jun 30 14:37:59 UTC 2016

#37244: WordPress has a fallback if the cropped version of an image is smaller than
the size the contributor sets it to be
 Reporter:  rasmusrim     |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Media         |    Version:  4.5.3
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                |
 I have cropped an image in WordPress to a certain size. If I insert that
 image into a post and select that that image should have a size larger
 than the size of the cropped image, it seems to me that WordPress chooses
 to use the original, uncropped image instead.

 That should not happen. If I have cropped an image, I usually have a
 reason for it. Could there be a warning displayed instead saying that
 "This image is too small. It will not look nice"?