[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #36717: Allow to access network and site properties using the current naming conventions

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Jun 9 01:18:08 UTC 2016

#36717: Allow to access network and site properties using the current naming
conventions
-------------------------------------+------------------------
 Reporter:  flixos90                 |       Owner:  flixos90
     Type:  enhancement              |      Status:  reopened

Comment (by dd32):

 Replying to [comment:24 jeremyfelt]:
 > > It looks like #36935 will indeed fix the underlying cache issue,
 although existing cached data will not be invalidated, which will be an
 issue (If this change had invalidated that cache, it would've been fine).

 > Do we have options for invalidating the cache on update?

 I was hoping that the `$last_modified` cache prefix was in use for that
 group, but it's not (nor does it need to be really). We don't really have
 any ability to flush a cache group upon update either (We request that the
 object cache flushes upon upgrade, but most caches don't perform that
 operation).

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/36717#comment:25>