[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #28602: Transparently route frontend browsing through Customizer for logged-in editors

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Jul 31 10:42:43 UTC 2016

#28602: Transparently route frontend browsing through Customizer for logged-in
editors
-------------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  westonruter              |       Owner:
     Type:  feature request          |      Status:  new

Comment (by karmatosed):

 I would probably suggest that a separate editor mode is the way to go,
 however I would also suggest we user test solutions before deciding on
 either. I totally feel there probably is a middle ground between the two
 to explore.

 In saying the above though, I am not commenting on the behind scenes.
 Whatever we can do to make the loading of Customizer and editor faster -
 absolutely lets do it.

 My gut says this method makes it hard to know if you're in edit or not.
 Now, in saying that there is a move toward being able to edit everything
 all the time. You still should have some indication I feel. Again, this is
 something to test.

 Visually the bar needs some serious work, but again that's probably the
 middle ground I mention and part of iterating. As it stands, what you have
 is a nice experiment to user test and explore. That's a great first step.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/28602#comment:10>